Support for marking assessment
23 August 2023
Marking online via the Akoraka | Learn course page provides numerous benefits for markers and students throughout the assessment process including submission, marking, and provision of feedback and grades.
We have several resources to support you throughout the marking process. These resources are designed to help you use your time more effectively and efficiently, and improve the feedback you provide to students.
The benefits of online marking (previous Teaching Tip)
Designing effective marking rubrics (previous Teaching Tip)
Giving great feedback on assessments (previous Teaching Tip)
- Assessment support section on Teaching at Lincoln which contains:
Online marking using Assignment activity (Checklist and Tip Sheet)
- Online marking videos on Grading Methods, Creating a rubric, Creating a marking guide, Annotations & Feedback, Marking Workflow, and Tracking Marking & Marker Allocation.
- Turnitin for Teachers (interactive activity) – guidance on how to interpret the Turnitin similarity report.
- Example marking rubrics – available in MS Word format for easy editing to suit your assessment.
- Suggested feedback comments – if you are concerned about the writing and/or referencing in student submissions, you can direct the student to LTL resources, including the Learning Advisors, using our helpful feedback comments.
If you require further assistance with online marking, please contact Teaching Quality or come along to our drop-in sessions in L005 on Monday and Thursday from 10.00 – 11.00 am.