We can help you with funding. We administer a fund to contribute to the cost of article processing charges (APCs) covering open access publication. You can apply for funding where your article meets eligibility criteria.
Making your research output openly available to the international research community maximises visibility and engagement and increases citations. LTL administers a fund on behalf of the university and will contribute to the cost of the article processing charges (APCs) where the payment enables open access in perpetuity for a global audience. Lincoln University authors are invited to apply for APC funding at the submission stage of the publishing process.
- The fund will pay up to NZD $3,500 for a single article.
- If the APC costs more than this, the fund will contribute NZD $3,500 as partial payment.
- The lead author must be a current Lincoln University staff member or postgraduate student, so the published affiliation can be assigned to Lincoln University.
- The corresponding author must also be a current Lincoln University member. Also, please ensure that the publisher’s invoice is addressed to them as a Lincoln University affiliate and clearly states the currency. LTL will need a copy of this invoice in order to pay it.
- Where there are external co-authors on the paper, or where the lead author has visitor status, the paper must have more LU authors than external authors to demonstrate that the research is being led by Lincoln University.
The journal you are submitting your paper to must be reputable:
- Open access: A Creative Commons licence must be applied to the paper and it must not be embargoed or have delayed open access conditions.
- Funding acknowledgement: Where possible, your paper should include a statement acknowledging Lincoln University Open Access Fund as funding or part-funding its publication.
- Data availability statement: Where possible, your paper should include a statement advising of one of the following options, in order of preference:
- Where the data have been, or will be, openly published (we encourage authors to publish their data at [email protected]n if they don’t have a preferred data repository); or
- Where/who the data can be requested from; or
- If the data is unavailable due to commercial, ethical, or cultural reasons; or
- If no data was involved in the preparation of the paper.
- Deposit the final PDF version of your publication into [email protected] via Elements.
- Provide us with a brief non-expert summary of the publication (3-5 sentences), plus a copyright cleared image that represents your research to help us promote your paper on research platforms and in professional media.
If your paper meets the above criteria, please complete the APC Application form.