Writing Essays and Other Assignments
- A brief introduction to the assignment writing process
- An in-depth look at how to write an essay, report or other academic assignment – what is “good” academic writing, how to interpret questions, how to research for and plan an assignment, and how to create an effective structure.
- Everything you need to know about essay writing – with pictures! [Rao, V., Chanock, K. & Krishnan, L. (2007) ]
- An on-line tutorial that “walks you through” how to research and write an essay.
- An introduction to report writing, with examples of report structure.
- An overview of the elements of a good report (from Massey University)
- An on-line tutorial (with examples) that explains how to complete a case study assignment (from RMIT University)
- An on-line tutorial that “walks you through” how to research and write a report.
- A brief introduction to scientific report structure.
- An interactive tutorial on how to write scientific reports, with examples from a range of disciplines (from University of Sydney)
- An on-line tutorial that “walks you through” how to write a scientific paper.
- A useful e-book on writing and publishing scientific papers. Cargill, M. & O’Connor, P. (2013). Writing scientific research articles. Chichester, UK; Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. Print copy available at T11Car(2009).
- A brief introduction to writing an annotated bibliography.
- An on-line tutorial that “walks you through” how to write an annotated bibliography.
Critiques and reviews
- An introduction to critical analysis and how to write a critique.
- An introduction to literature reviews: purpose, creating a structure, and incorporating sources.
- How to incorporate sources into your writing in a scholarly way (video from RMIT University)