Video and multimedia for education
We support academics to produce rich, world-class media content for teaching or academic and professional communications.
The utility of media in learning and teaching has never been so clear as it is today. Many staff at Lincoln University produce highly effective media for education and training. The Lincoln University Educational Media Unit (LUEMU) offers everything from training and equipment to full production service for Lincoln staff. We offer cutting-edge technology and methodology to facilitate world-class learning and teaching.
We have modern, professional equipment and methods to support lecturers to design engaging, succinct and effective audio-visual materials to supplement their face-to-face and digital campus teaching practices.
We offer idea-to-final product support, from pre-production to script development to production to editing. We can assist with all stages of both studio and on-location projects. We can also support your presentation with coaching and on-camera direction. Our educational designers are available to assist with media creation.
The support we offer for integration of media into Akoraka | Learn and the class environment includes:
- Bringing multimedia into the course
- Recording lecture content for student viewing
- Using video streaming technology to host remote guests or students
- Integrating video posts in student discussion boards and assessments
- Editing services
- Using video for virtual field trips
- Vlogging and podcasting
- Capturing and showing authentic environments and experiences for students to view in their own time.
Our hardware capabilities include:
- Quality 4K video camera and professional lighting equipment
- World-class audio equipment for voice-over, on-camera presentations and podcasting
- An effective studio space with varied backdrops and green screen capability
- Audio and video equipment for field media creation
- A professional audio/video editing workstation
- A powerful video management system
- Aerial video/photography equipment
- Underwater/sports action camera equipment to lend out for self-audio/video creation by lecturers and examiners
- Teleprompter and professional video/photography ancillary equipment
- 360 degree video/photographs for immersive visual experiences.
Equipment available for academic staff to use (includes instruction)
- GoPro video action camera kits
- Audio recorders and microphones
- DSLR video and Photo camera kit with tripod and on-camera microphone