The welcome desk is your first port-of-call for all library enquiries, id cards, building access, directions, appointments with learning advisors and much, much more.
How can we make your life easier? We can help with all sorts of things, from locating study resources and supporting your learning, through to helping find a study space that suits you. We’re happy to offer how-tos and advice (or find the right person for your needs). We are located to the right as you enter from the library foyer.
Welcome desk staff can help with:
- ID cards - Student, staff and visitor cards
- Library membership enquiries
- Information resources both from our library and other libraries
- Collection of requested books and interloans
- Issuing Short Loan books (2-hour and 24-hour loan course material)
- Self-issue machines (as required) and book returns
- Campus building access
- Printing and scanning help
- Loans of adapter cable kits for study rooms/calculators/headphones
- Learning and career advisor appointments, workshops and study room bookings
- Lost and found property
- Reporting any Learning, Teaching and Library related issues
- Answers to all general enquiries, eg workshop details, campus directions, etc.
If we don’t have the immediate answer, we’ll refer you to the right person to help.