Qualtrics is a web-based online survey tool which is available to staff and postgraduate students at Lincoln for research purposes. If you would like to know more you can visit the Qualtrics website.
Qualtrics is easy to use. The web site will give you access to the necessary training. You can access the training as often as you like.
If you need help, the Qualtrics website should be your first port of call. If after visiting the site, you still need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
Postgraduate students who wish to use Qualtrics for their research need the approval of their supervisor and Human Ethics Committee. We recommend you consider preparing a data management plan to make sure you know what data you’ll collect, how you’ll store and analyse it, and eventually how you’ll publish and/or securely archive it.
To create an account:
- Follow the ITS instructions, including creating a password.
Note: Access can only be granted to a Lincoln email address.
- Print the application to use Qualtrics
- Obtain your supervisors’ signature indicating that Human Ethics Approval has been given for your survey.
- Take the signed and completed form to the ITS Service Desk where access to Qualtrics will be arranged for a specified period.
- Follow the instructions for logging in.
- When your survey has closed and all the data has been analysed, remember to download the data file so that you have a copy in your own files. This is important so that you have a secure backup copy of your own to keep as a record to support your research or other activity.