- A selection of useful self-help resources in the Lincoln University library collection. (Both print and online resources)
- How to design and manage your research project, and develop essential skills along the way (from Monash University)
- Practical time management tips for research students (from University of Queensland)
Research writing group handbook
How to write well, keep on track and finish your thesis on time
- Phillips and Pugh’s highly recommended book explains the research degree process.
Phillips, E., & Pugh, D. S. (2010). How to get a PhD: A handbook for students (5th ed.). Maidenhead: Open University Press. Also available in print at LB2386 Phi 2010
- Pat Cryer’s book provides tips on successfully completing a research degree.
Cryer, P. (1996). The research student’s guide to success. Buckingham, England: Open University Press. Also available in print at LB2395 Cry